Monday, October 11, 2004
Art Blog Readers Survey Results
My blogging colleagues and I will be looking through the results over the next few days and weeks to develop a better understanding of who our readers are and why they read our blogs, but I did want to share a few preliminary findings with you.
- 85% of respondents find it important or very important that blogs provide content and perspective not available in the mainstream media
- 84% say that the opinion, perspective, and point of view provided by blogs are important or very important to them
- Painting, sculpture, photography, and drawing are the media that respondents report the most interest in reading about
- 84% of respondents are accessing the blogs they read directly via a web browser instead of using an online or desktop feed aggregator
- 76% of respondents report that they visit an art museum monthly, and 80% report visiting a commercial gallery monthly
- 59% of respondents say that they travel outside of their home area more than once a year specifically to see art
If we didn't know if before, we certainly do now. Our readers are intelligent, committed, and passionate about art. Thanks, to those of you who participated in the survey, for reminding us of that fact.